1.05.2011

Starting out the New Year with a BLAST!

Ok fellow shell lovin gypsea mermaids..I did it! I went Shelling! Well.. I couldn't do it as well as some of my fellow fab shellers.. (they know who they are down in Fl.)  I think  know they have a magic wand in their hand when they hit the shores!!! But I did manage to grab a couple goodies for the flight home to the Northeast..
For the record.... I thought you all should know... especially us northern mermaids... New Years Eve Florida Beachside...can be a tad different shall I say that how some of us up here celebrate!  Let's put it this way....
I made it through NYE... without catching on fire.... But having a blast! LITERALLY!! In every sense!..
So before I get all crazy and start going off about my shells and beautiful sights I was fortunate enough to see..
I wanted to give you a little fire under your tail.... 


I know seems a little odd huh..?
Well. this is St. Pete's Beach way of celebrating...
They all collect their once beautifully decorated trees..
gather them beachside..
while you can smell the aroma of different flavors of foods being grilled
for the soiree..
The young and the old..
"making" the pit in the sand...
the youngen's  running wild with excitement for the big night..
the wive's, girlfriends, bestfriends trying to keep testosterone down..
but pretty much gave up.. and opted for wine...
The object at the end.. If I am still correct.. is to which tree gives off the biggest flame/fire..
In all honesty.. at that point of the night... I was grateful for hair on my head..
And braincells still left...
Can't tell you what to base that on... smoke or vodka...
But hey...
it was New Years Eve after all....
So I'll flash you a couple pics of that..and later on...
SHELLING!!!
till then......

One of those "testosterone" guys.. egging that fire on...

in the makings...

can you understand my hair issue a little now..?

Chat soon..
xoxo
Cricket

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! They know how to do NYE in St Pete! It's a little more quite on Sanibel.... speaking of Sanibel... Are you still on the island? I'm dying to know if you've found good stuff and why I havent run into you. I'll be at The Mucky Duck for lunch tomorrow if you are around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work on St Pete Beach and they love their fires there. The laws are a little tighter now but 20 years ago anyone with a Bic was a potential New Year's reveler. So glad Sanibel was good to you. Can't wait to see what you picked up.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Drifting thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...