2.23.2011

Paradise on a Budget


While driving down Gulf Blvd. taking in the scenery of Sunset Beach and Treasure Island, we pass this sign.
I know, you say..'Yeh, big deal.. just an apt for rent sign...' Well,  I kinda was thinking the same thing until we parked across the street to enter the beach and then I turned back.


Well... you know what my thought was..
"Hold on..let me just grab my purse
(and my camera...)
You never know what treats you could find!
Of course I was given the usual...
Oh..all right.....go ahead...
So little me wanders up to this most mouth watering,
vintage junkies dream stop.
A fun chick on a pink Vespa sits sipping a beer...
Another girl...chatting away with a gentleman
who you knew..
you could just tell..
By looking...
Man...he had some stories to tell!
Perhaps that jus might be my usual psych-analytical self nurse
playing..
But...I don't think so!
So I ask.. Is this really a shop?
The man answers...or kinda chuckles..
You could call it that..
But really..
these are apartments for rent!
I am in awe...
Looking around...it would appear to be the most fascinating gathering
places of vintage yummness!!

Come look for yourself...

Yes, these are actually apartments...



And there is the proud owner himself on the left..
Mr.Volpe.
His family has owned one of the most priceless pieces of properties 
in the Sunset Beach/Treasure Island area since 1971...long with other real estate as well.
Talking to him was a hoot...most especially when I saw this sign...

I believe he told me it was from Indiana..along with the firetruck that sits to the left of the 
building.. I figured it may have been one of the trucks that put out a fire the 
patients here may have started..( jk!)
He told me..
Come back..have a beer and stay for awhile...
I'll tell you all about it...
So watch out..
I am heading back out this weekend....
STORY TIME!
Check out Volpe's Villas here  if you are looking for that
paradise on a budget!

xoxo
Cricket

10 comments:

  1. What a fun stop you made. I just love unusual characters. It sure perks up your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey I love love love this. You know ya'll are livin my dream life. But I got stuck in these here hills of southwest Va. and never got out. I do hope ya'll know how lucky ya'll are. One day before I die I hope I can come down there and go shellin too. Love ya girls.
    xoxo Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing little place Cricket!! How fun to go back, have a beer and just listen to stories of history and see all the wonderful vintage goodness!!! He sounds like a hoot!! :) I hope you go and I can't wait to hear about it!! Have fun and a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting little place. Looks like a movie set!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a Wonderfully interesting place. I would love to adventures there. Awesome pictures and I would have to say I definitely need the
    Asylum for the Insane SIGN

    A must have around this part of Wonderland

    wishes and whimsy
    Wendy from Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. Of course mostly because he's not my neighbor. LOL! I could wander around there for hours. Can't wait to hear the tales.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that place crazy cute! I've lived here for almost 28 years, and been to every beach you could imagine in this area, each weekend my husband and I have date night, as usually before the sun goes down we hit a different beach so I can take pictures...and one night about 5 months ago we came upon this place, he knew all about it, I hadn't a clue. I thought it was a vintage store...it's quite unique in that area. But, one of the prettiest beaches right across the street. Glad you were able to find it and I really enjoyed your photos.

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joni~ I thought the same thing..that's why I grabbed the purse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHMYGOODNESS... what a wonderful story and beautiful photos! I sure wish I lived in the neighbourhood, I would go take a look and even rent a place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like such a fun place!! I could spend hours looking around and still see new things. I love it!
    -Brandy

    ReplyDelete

Drifting thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...