3.15.2011

Surf's Up Baby!!!


As the lovely Sarah would say, who is 
hosting Good Life Wednesday's "this is the 
place to link up anything that makes you feel good baby!"

Even though I went to my spinal surgeon yesterday, and he is STILL keeping me 
out of work for ANOTHER 3 more weeks... and then dealing with PT where I realized..
Oh crap.. my balance is way, way off! Thanks to a busted left ankle a year ago,
and now the right side of my lower back...
Doesn't make a good fit for me and the pink lovely above.
But as they say..." Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!"
And I am!
Tell me I can't...
I will show you I can..
So... even though its been quite awhile...
This gypsea is dead and determined to go back to 
the good ole surfin days..
(Especially if she is high tailing it to Florida...!)

Even with the disappointment of still being "stuck" home..
I am starting to feel pretty groovy baby, looking back at old photos..
and KNOWING... at 40..
I can be Forty
        Fit
                       Fabulous and
              Free!!!
   I mean, sure... I will probably start off like this oldie but goodie...
Nothing a little work can't improve..
And slowly make my way out there..
(on TOP of the board!)
And perhaps catch a small wave or 2...
And this is where I "think" I am finally gonna get it!
(and the bod is getting FIT in the process!)
Then BOOM!
The Gypsea is ROCKIN!!!!!

Yeh.. I think I'm starting to feel pretty good "baby"
If only I could get those thoughts out of my head of..
"What the !@*@!! happened to my thighs in the past years!
I want them back!
Head on over and take a gander at Sarah's
and get your feel good groove on!

xoxo
Cricket


8 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! What a fun post ~ thanks for the smile. I have no doubt you'll be surfing before we know it ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Determination is the key to success. Go for it! This is a great post, and I love your surfing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surf's Up Cricket! You are an inspiration! My son went surfing last week in the cold Atlantic! I never learned to surf...I guess I'm afraid of big waves, but always had fun photographing surfers and making out w one special one (now my husband)!

    i have a few girlfriends who surf & of course Gidget...she will be here this summer Aug. 4-6...we must get together...I'll sunbathe ...you surf!!! Heal quickly mermaid!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you ! Keep it up, Fun post... Rock on Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you girl!!! You WILL be surfin again my friend! Don't let anyone tell you your can't!!! Love this post dear girl!!!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great photos and you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bautiful blog. So glad you stopped by My Dream Canvas. I am a follower. Its really great to connect with you. You have some amazing images on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder how I would do on a surf board!!! I used to windsurf on the lake in Zurich...., long time ago, not the same, I know. Now I'd like to try!!

    ReplyDelete

Drifting thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...