1.13.2012

Pinky Promise


She sat there, solitude, in her world
Unknown, Unappreciated and defined
Containing sorrows of her broken past
But pretending she was fine
She was known, yet unknown
No one saw behind her shield
No one gave her a second thought
No one knew she had to heal
No one knew that behind that shield
Lay a pure and beautiful soul
That had been ripped apart and shredded
Shattered and torn
No one saw that behind the shield
There was a person with so much love
An angel with wings on her back
And a halo shining above
Even though now, her cheeks were pale
And though her eyes were wet
No one knew she was a tattered soul
No one guessed she was upset
Her emotions changed inside her head
But her face remained the same
Still stern, still blank, still untouched
Like it was some kind of game
She lived in secrecy
She had no one to tell
She had given up on hope and faith
She had given up on life as well
But she remained loyal and devoted
Trustworthy and very true
She was understanding and compassionate
Too bad you never knew
She had no reason to smile
But she’d smile any day for you
She might not want to laugh
But she would if you wanted her to
But after what you did to her
She’s been discrete more than ever
How could you break her fragile heart
When she thought you were her ‘forever’
She thought she was fair
And she didn’t ask for much
She just wanted one friend
A person, her meek self could trust
You knew she wasn’t strong
But you went on to play with her heart
You knew things would never go far
And you knew this from the start
And leaving her shattered
Didn’t mean a thing to you
You knew she was oblivious
And there was nothing she could do
And now no one knows she’s broken
And no one knows she’s upset
All they know is that she’s quieter now
But the reason they’ll never get
And how would anyone know what she’s feeling?
She hides it far too well.
And only I know her story
Only I know how she fell
This girl, she lives in me
And throughout my body her world has grown
Her story remains inside me.

That was 2011.
Now for 2012.
Here is my
My heart will overcome being broken....
Someday the key will be found....
Because 
Years will pass...memories would last. Cherish the good ones and ignore what gives pain...Celebrate New Year in a cheerful spirit by not regretting or feeling proud of gains.
As you have followed along...and I have been out of the loop lately due to clamming up in my shell...moving..my dad...and all of life's trials and tribulations.
I refuse to let this year bring me down.
Why?
Because I totally ROCK!
That is my
To be true to me.
xoxoxo
Cricket
Linking up with Pink Saturday's

14 comments:

  1. Wow you are hurting real bad but it has brought out the artist in you. I have tears rolling down my face as I write.

    The poem is beautiful. I wish you great things in 2012 and that your heart mends as soon as it is able.

    Stay beautiful
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl let it all out! You know we are all here for you if you would but share!
    You know I am an email away. You have to let people in to let them know who you are, and how you are.
    HE may have shattered your heart, life, and dreams...but you have beautiful kids, and many friends in blog land
    who would be there for you in a heartbeat.
    I hope 2012 is your best year yet! Crawl out of your shell and join the rest of the mermaids!
    Hugs,
    Del

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things can only getter better! Think positive. Hugs and Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cricket, You totally rock and no, you are not second f-king choice, girl!!! You gave someone your heart and true, it broke...But, it was only fractured because someday someone who deserves you will come along and sweep you off your feet--STILL believe in fairytales...STILL believe in dreams--They do come true!!! They do!!! If you get a chance, try to hear the song Unbreakable Heart...I don't know who sings it, but it is gorgeous...I think it must be on Youtube. (((hugs))) and love to you, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your Pink. Happy Pink Saturday! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so good to see you back her sweet mermaid. I know that 2011, well, sucked ass and I pray that 2012 will be your year to ROCK like I know you do. You poem is one of the most beautiful poems that I have read, it is a part of you which is beautiful. You are one of the strongest women I know and even though it doesn't feel like it at times, you will rise out of it. It may be in baby steps but at the end you will be in a better place with of course a better pirate sailing into that sunset. :) You can email me anytime girl and like Cindy said above, always believe in dreams and fairytales.
    Love and Hugs to you!!
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Cricket,

    AWESOME post - I am SO very glad that you are back! Come join us for Friendship Friday and Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy - you TOTALLY rock! :-)

    Also - if you are not on Pinterest - drop me a line and I'll send you an invitation (and if you are, look me up!) You SO need to be there for visual inspiration! I have some boards I know you will just love!

    Have a fabulous week, dear mermaid!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are cool! Thank's for sharing.


    Visiting for Pink Saturday! Here's my share-hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.loveablecassandra.com/2012/01/pink-elephant.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU GO GIRL! HPS xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. {{hugs}} know also that you are not alone. Many of us, most of us, have beenare broken. But there is beauty to be found in the brokeness...I believe you are finding it. Keep going foreward, crying as needed, you will find the beauty...I promise you will. I have been on a path of restoration for 12 yrs now from having my heart broken. The restoration takes longer when I remain with the one who continues to break my heart. But I believe in mercy. I have found the beauty in the brokenness. I see the good. Life is hard. But love wins. ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Cricket ... I'm sure, 2012 will be a better year than the past. 2011 was terrible - let's look forward!

    Hugs
    Tine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Cricket, I am so glad you came out of your Shell to expose the totally Rocking Beautiful Woman that you are! Such a raw touching Poem, I can relate on so many levels, we truly are Kindred Spirits and may you always know that here in the Land of Blog you have many Friends who cherish you even during the difficult and broken times of Being... which is what can happen as this Journey of Life unfolds. May we overcome every obstacle with Grace and with dignity intact... may 2012 hold endless possibilities and Happy Memories... and through any challenges may we remain up by Faith and know that it will hold my Friend!

    Big Hugs coming your way from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  13. {{{{{{ HUG }}}}}}, Cricket. (what a cutie-pie name).
    So so sorry we have to have broken hearts...i sure do love that your spirit isn't broken. Hearts really do mend...yes, ma'am, they do. I know....I've been there. :)

    Thanks for dropping by my place...come back real soon, Cricket....

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that line about not being a second fucking choice:)

    ReplyDelete

Drifting thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...