5.28.2011

Sand and Sea Sundays


Welcome my sea loving gypsea's
to another Sand and Sea Sunday!
And I know you all must have fabulous posts, photos and perhaps treasures to share this week!
One of the most POPULAR times of the year that families and friends head to the beach!
Today I took the little Pirate and Mermaid into Cape May to a little favorite spot,
Where if you are lucky enough you can find yourself the notorious 
"Cape May Diamond."
(that is sure to be a post one day!)
SUNSET BEACH, Cape May, NJ
And for me..it is my most relaxing place where I can gather in major abundance the 
pinkest of pink and whiter than snow pebbles I love to collect!
Around the small area..are a few little shops...and a place where they sell/collect
all your nautical, coastal funky, weathered, tattered vintage sea finds!
Oh..it is candy heaven for me!
I'll give you a gander of the back of the little "shop shack"
Oh yes! I can see the little Pirates new room in Florida already having these swaying all over!
The colors and chippiness just thrill me!
Gorgeous huh?
These are straight from Nova Scotia
(yes.. I have a few!)
And then the different shells and such!
Oh MY!

There collection of rocks...
A few of these I grabbed..since I was in NJ, not Mexico...
Some wild wood we found on the shore..

My stomping ground for pebbles..
And now... one of the reasons it is called SUNSET BEACH.
Divine isn't it?
( And yes..that old shipwreck is another post!!!)
So come on gypsea's.... show me what you got!
I know you were snapping away this weekend!
xoxox
Cricket


Your Next!!



7 comments:

  1. I promised myself I wouldn't join in with linky parties for a while but how can I resist one all about the sea!

    Best wishes and thanks for having me,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi love your photos! i linked up to sand and sea sunday and made a mistake with the link. can you possibly delete my first photo coastal cliffs? thanks! sorry..cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cricket,
    I vowed I wouldn't miss out this week. Great post, and I'm linking up!

    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to live n Cape May and can't place Sunset Beach. Don was in the Coast Guard there back in 1975 so maybe it wasn't named that then. I sure would love to go back there some day- your photos are gorgeous. Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos...just became a new follower - I started in April...

    Happy Sand and Sea Sunday (love this blog hop will do in the future)

    I will try to add photos from going to Ft Lauderdale beach later today!

    Best Wishes,
    Linda (aka beachside cottage)

    ReplyDelete
  6. U R a breath of sea salt air thanks i so need your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! I love the fishing nets and the bouys would be perfect in a room. I am so sorry that I missed the party, we left for the weekend. I will be ready next week! :)
    I LOVE that shipwreck photo, just gorgeous! I would love to hear about that wreck. :)

    ReplyDelete

Drifting thoughts...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...